The Kelling-Tomlinson Scholarship is designed to share a gift of wealth with the next generation as a thank you for what the community has done and shared with the family. The Kelling/Tomlinson families were homesteaders to Smith County and want to give the next generation of decision makers opportunities to succeed as well.
Two $1,000 renewable scholarships will be awarded to: (1) a student meeting the following criteria who will attend a 4-year college (renewable for up to 4 years), and (2) a student meeting the following criteria that will attend a vocational educational or technical school (renewable for up to 2 years).
Students graduating from Smith Center High School
- Applicants are in good standing qualifying for graduation from Smith Center High School.
- Applicants must attend either a 4-year college or a 2-year vocational or technical school.
- Applicants have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must be involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Preference will be given to students not finishing in the top two places in their graduating class.
- In the case of all merit criteria being the same, awards will be based on need.
Scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for renewal by meeting the following criteria:
- Recipient remains a student in good standing at his/her school.
- Recipient must be a full-time student with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.