Community Foundation awards over $6,000 in scholarships
The Smith County Community Foundation has awarded over $6,000 in scholarships to area students for the upcoming academic year.
Community foundation accepting fall grant applicationsSeptember 15, 2023
SMITH CENTER, Kan.—The Smith County Community Foundation is now accepting applications for fall grants. Online applications open September 15 and are due Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
Smith County Community Foundation announce scholarship recipientsJuly 12, 2023
SMITH CENTER, Kan.— The Smith County Community Foundation has awarded $6,000 in scholarships to area students for the upcoming academic year.
- Wednesday, November 1, 202311/01/2023 02/15/2024 Scholarships Open Scholarships Open Online
- Wednesday, November 15, 202311/15/2023 true Fall Grants Due Fall Grants Due Online
Fall Grants Due
- Thursday, February 15, 202402/15/2024 04/15/2024 Spring Grants Open Spring Grants Open Online
Spring Grants Open
- Thursday, February 15, 202402/15/2024 true Scholarships Due Scholarships Due Online
- Monday, April 15, 202404/15/2024 true Spring Grants Due Spring Grants Due Online
Spring Grants Due
Chamber of Commerce
The Smith Center Chamber of Commerce hangs flags downtown for holidays and events every year. The current flags were showing varying degrees of wear that needed to be addressed.
Thunder Ridge Music
Most of the instruments Thunder Ridge owned for the music program were old, broken and in need of constant repair. Thanks to a community foundation grant, the school district was able to purchase new instruments for the program.