The community foundation offers a wide variety of scholarships for students like you, provided by the generosity of local donors. Whether you are a high school senior, a current college student, or a non-traditional student we work with donors to help people like you take the next step in your education.
|Applications Available||Applications Due||Decisions Announced|
|November 1, 2022||February 15, 2023||April, 2023|
First time applying?
All applications must be submitted through our online system.
- Create an account.
- Take an online eligibility assessment to match you with scholarship opportunities.
- Fill out the application(s) and submit!
Already have an account?
If you already completed the eligibility quiz, login to the scholarship portal to:
- complete scholarship applications
- check the status of an application
- complete assigned follow up forms
If you already completed the eligibility quiz from a prior scholarship season, contact the scholarship department at 785-823-1800 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to re-open your quiz and update your information.
Current Scholarship Funds
The Smith County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Greater Salina Community Foundation which manages scholarships for itself and other affiliate foundations. Students in this area may also qualify for scholarships from the following community foundations:
Scholarship Funds & Criteria
- Smith Center High School, Smith Center, KS, graduating senior attending either a 4-year college or a 2-year vocational/technical school
Greater Salina Community Foundation:
- Students attending or planning to attend North Central Kansas Technical College (Beloit or Hays campus) pursuing a building trade degree
- Graduating community college students planning to attend a 4-year post-secondary institution in Kansas
- Graduating senior or graduate from a high school within the Dane G. Hansen Foundation service area, which is defined as the 26 counties in northwest Kansas north of I-70 and west of I-135/Hwy 81 who are pursuing a major in nursing or another health related field. Preference will be given to students who are a graduate of or who are qualified from Decatur Community High School- Oberlin, KS.
- Any Kansas registered Republican female college student entering at least her junior year or that is attending graduate school at a Kansas college or university with a declared major of Political Science, History, Public Administration, Healthcare, Law or Education
- Students entering their sophomore year or above in college who plan on attending Louisiana Tech University, Oklahoma State University, Washburn University, or Wichita State University.
- Students attending or planning to attend Cloud County Community College, Concordia, KS, to obtain a degree in nursing or a related medical field
- For students qualifying for graduation from a high school within the service area of GSCF or its affiliates with an intended major in an art field including, but not limited to visual arts, fine arts education, digital/graphic arts, architecture or design.
- Any Kansas graduating high school senior attending Kansas State University or the University of Kansas
Community Foundation for Cloud County:
- Students attending a post-secondary masonry or building trades program at a Vo-Tech, Technical College or Community College
Contact Natalie Wood, Grants and Scholarships Coordinator.